I gave a preview here and at a recent home school mom meeting (Mother Culture!) for my upcoming House Party (Local mommy friends, the date will be announced Monday evening. If you’d like an invitation, send me a note).
Since I received more stuff in my party pack than guests that can fit in my house, I thought I would hold a giveaway! One lucky reader will get:
- Simplicity 2286 Size A Misses’ Pull-on Skirt with trim variations
- Simplicity 2381 Bags, five choices
- BurdaStyle personal measurement chart
- coupon for 15% off Singer Confidence StSylist 7467S sewing machine
- coupon for 50% off Martha Stewart Crafts item from Jo-Ann
- five coupons for 40% off various items at Jo-Ann
- one coupon for free shipping from Joann.com
I didn’t get everything in the photo, but trust me, you’ll get everything.
How to enter the giveaway:
this giveaway is now closed
What will I be making? Well, you might want to read my comparison of home sewn vs. new retail first. Go visit the link, then come back here and read on.
— — —
Good, now you read that and understand my point of view. My initial, frugal thought is to take inventory of what I have before I decide. Do I needskirts? Yes. Updating my look is always good. (I hate clothes shopping, so I’m never terribly fashionable.) Having options for bottoms is always good. Can I handle elastic waists? I don’t know. I’ll make one and then decide if I’m making more.
Do I need bags? No. But I like them. A lot. View B is looking really cute. View E looks very practical. I’ll be going through my fabric stash before I decide. Patchwork and crazy quilt options will be explored.
But maybe I’ll make gifts with the bag pattern. Gotta think about birthdays.