Learn something new and win something new.
My favorite day of the week — Frugal Tuesdays. My hostesses and I share our frugal tips with you and ask you to participate here every week. Anything that you do in a frugal way can be included — food, crafts, clothing shopping, almost everything can be done for less.
You can participate by:
- Clicking on and reading the links below that interest you
- Using the Tweet, Like, +1, and Share buttons above to share the frugal love. Everyone loves to save a buck or two.
- Adding a frugal tip of your own. Use the comment area if you have a tip but no blog post to share.
- Adding your blog post to the linky. Your one post will show up on the four hostess websites! Make sure your post was published within the last seven days. And use your permalink — read here for information on permalinks. Our linky is open until Friday night.
Your Frugal Tuesday Tip hostesses are:
- Kimberly at Frugal Playground
- Sara at Learning the Frugal Life
- Julia S. at Confessions of a Frugal Mind
- and me, juliecache!
If you are linking up, be courteous and link back to this hostess page by copying and pasting the following text in your post, or you can copy (Control-A, Control-C) and paste (Control-V) the code in the box to place our blog hop button anywhere on your blog. You know it looks cool.
AND, I’m having TWO GIVEAWAYS!
I’m teaching a Blogging Basics class in Sept. and one lucky person will get to attend FREE! I’ve been blogging with Blogspot and WordPress (both free and self-hosted) – since 2007. I’ve blogged for different reasons: to share my enthusiasm for geocaching, gps technology, and nature; to keep my out of town family up to date on my household’s doings; for my business, to keep homeschool families up to date on events of interest; and to inform the public and call them to activism over local events (here and here).
In this class, I’ll take participants through from an idea to a finished product, and tailor instruction to their needs. This is a $38 value.
NEW! Blogging Basics
Are you thinking about starting a blog? Blogging is a powerful business
tool that can help get your marketing message to your target customer.
Personally, it is a great way to create an electronic
journal or digital memoir for friends and family to
enjoy. Course taught by Julia. Julia is an
experienced blogger and in this course she will
walk you through the basics of blogging.
Tuesdays, 9/20-9/27, 7-9 p.m., $38. Stilwell Junior
High, Computer Lab, #COM02
Are you ready to start a blog? TO ENTER: Leave a comment here about what your new blog will be about by Sept. 8 11:59 pm. I’ll then close comments and announce a winner on Sept. 9.
I’m also giving away one copy of The City Homesteader: Self-sufficiency on Any Square Footage. I reviewed this book last month at my Examiner column, and it’s great for people who want to start changing their lifestyle, regardless of their starting point. I won this book by participating in a #simplelives Twitter chat. If you have a Twitter account, follow me and I’ll follow you back! To win this book,
- Continental U.S. only.
- Come to my frugalista meetup. We’ll exchange coupons whether you win the book or not. Caribou Coffee, 3220 Ingersoll Ave. in Des Moines. 9:30 – 11 a.m. on Oct. 1. RSVP by leaving a comment here at this post.
- Tweet about my giveaway and leave a comment here for this post
- “I want to win a #frugal book from @juliecache”
- Family members who do not live with me and Frugal Tuesday Tip hostesses are eligible for this giveaway.
- Deadline for RSVP and/or tweeting and commenting about either/both is Sept. 29.
- I’ll use random.org to select a winner right before the meetup.