It’s time for the Frugal Tuesday Tip. Before you start reading everyone’s frugal tips or add your own, I want you to know that….
I’m giving away one copy of The City Homesteader: Self-sufficiency on Any Square Footage. I reviewed this book last month at my Examiner column, and it’s great for people who want to start changing their lifestyle, regardless of their starting point. I won this book by participating in a #simplelives Twitter chat. If you have a Twitter account, follow me and I’ll follow you back! You have up to two options to win this book:
- Come to my frugalista meetup. Attendance is not required to enter or to win. But I’d love to hand your prize to you in person if possible. We’ll cut and exchange coupons and talk whether you win the book or not. Oct. 1 from 9:30 – 11 a.m. at Caribou Coffee, 3220 Ingersoll Ave. in Des Moines. RSVP by leaving a comment here (down at the bottom of this post) for one entry.
- Tweet about my giveaway and leave a comment here for this post to count as one entry: “I want to win a #frugal book from @juliecache”
- Continental U.S. only.
- Family members who do not live with me and Frugal Tuesday Tip hostesses are eligible for this giveaway.
- Deadline for RSVP and/or tweeting and leaving the respective comment is Sept. 29, 2011.
- I’ll use random.org to select a winner right before the meetup.
Frugal Tuesday Tip days are like winning to me. Having everyone participate warms my heart — we help each other save money. How great is that? The other hostesses and I share our frugal tips with you and ask you to participate here every week. Anything that you do in a frugal way can be included — food, crafts, clothing shopping, almost everything can be done for less.
You can participate by:
- Clicking on and reading the links below that interest you
- Using the Tweet, Like, +1, and Share buttons above to share the frugal love. Everyone loves to save a buck or two.
- Adding a frugal tip of your own. Use the comment area if you have a tip but no blog post to share.
- Adding your blog post to the linky. Your one post will show up on the four hostess websites — juliecache, plus Frugal Playground, Confessions of a Frugal Mind, and Learning the Frugal Life. Make sure your post was published within the last seven days. And use your permalink — read here for information on permalinks. Our linky is open until Friday night.
If you are linking up, be courteous and link back to this hostess page by copying and pasting the following text in your post, or you can copy (Control-A, Control-C) and paste (Control-V) the code in the box to place our blog hop button anywhere on your blog.