Wow. My hostesses and I have learned a lot in the last 36 weeks of Frugal Tuesday Tips. Time flies.
As I look at this last week before my book giveaway for The City Homesteader, I think there’s confusion over how to enter. It’s not just for locals. I combined a local meetup ( Oct. 1 from 9:30 – 11 a.m. at Caribou Coffee, 3220 Ingersoll Ave. in Des Moines) with the giveaway.
- RSVP “no” if you cannot come to the coffee shop in Des Moines but want to win the book. The RSVP will get you entered in the giveaway.
- RSVP “yes” if you can make it. This will enter you in the giveaway. If you do not win the book, you will still win — by going through the coupons that I won’t use. I saw last week that Sara from Learning the Frugal Life might attend!
- If you are on Twitter, tweet for another entry (and I’ll follow you back). And leave a comment here that you tweeted: “I want to win a #frugal book from @juliecache”
- Continental U.S. only.
- Family members who do not live with me and Frugal Tuesday Tip hostesses ARE eligible for this giveaway.
- Deadline for RSVP and/or tweeting and leaving the respective comment is Sept. 29, 2011.
- I’ll use random.org to select a winner right before the meetup.
On to the frugal tips!
The other hostesses and I share our frugal tips with you and invite you to participate here every week. Anything that you do in a frugal way can be included — food, crafts, clothing shopping. Almost everything can be done for less.
You can participate by:
- Clicking on and reading the links below that interest you
- Using the Tweet, Like, +1, and Share buttons above to share the frugal love. Everyone loves to save a buck or two.
- Adding a frugal tip of your own. Use the comment area if you have a tip but no blog post to share.
- Adding your blog post to the linky. Your one post will show up on the four hostess websites — juliecache, plus Frugal Playground, Confessions of a Frugal Mind, and Learning the Frugal Life.
- Make sure your post was published within the last seven days.
- And use your permalink — read here for information on permalinks. Our linky is open until Friday night.
If you are linking up, be courteous and link back to this hostess page by copying and pasting the following text in your post, or you can copy (Control-A, Control-C) and paste (Control-V) the code in the box to place our blog hop button anywhere on your blog.