I spent some time last weekend making jelly. My kids love the clean mouthfeel of homemade jelly. I accredit the white sugar; corn syrup in store jelly is so…..clingy feeling. It’s not the opposite of clean, it’s not dirty, just annoyingly clingy. Like you have to brush your tongue when you finish.
Tips I learned this weekend to make home canning go smoothly:
- have friends over to join you
- fill and start heating the water baths a couple hours before you need them
- use one canner to keep the jars hot; use the other for processing
- juicing in a crock pot works great
- I don’t own a potato masher!
It’s time for the Frugal Tuesday Tip!
The Frugal Tuesday Tip is a linky blog hop dedicated to encouraging the frugal lifestyle. The Frugal Tuesday Tip is hosted by:
Anyone with a frugal tip can share. Just post a frugal tip on your own blog, then come here to add your post (the permalink) with the linky tool. Your post will appear on all of our blogs. Please adhere to the following rules or your post may be deleted:
- Please use your permalink, which is the URL to your post not your home page. If you don’t know what a permalink is you’ll find instructions here.
- Please keep your post on topic.
- Please link to a post you have written in the past 7 days.
- Please DO NOT link to a giveaway.
- Please link back to one of your hostesses or add the button below to your post.