I’ve been slowly processing all the free fruit that I picked last week. I like to test one apple from an unknown tree by cooking it on the stovetop — if the flavor and texture are great, then I know whether to dry it (if it has no flavor after cooking), sauce it (when it mushes and has good flavor), or freeze slices (great flavor and holds its shape), or just eat it out of hand.
If you are new to foraging, here’s a short list of my experiences to get you started. Frugal isn’t always free, and in my case, time and gas money are all that is spent.
- Picking fruit in the city
- Park lands and neighbors
- More fruit in the city
- last installment of the series
It’s time for the Frugal Tuesday Tip!
The Frugal Tuesday Tip is a linky blog hop dedicated to encouraging the frugal lifestyle. The Frugal Tuesday Tip is hosted by:
Anyone with a frugal tip can share. Just post a frugal tip on your own blog, then come here to add your post (the permalink) with the linky tool. Your post will appear on all of our blogs. Please adhere to the following rules or your post may be deleted:
- Please use your permalink, which is the URL to your post not your home page. If you don’t know what a permalink is you’ll find instructions here.
- Please keep your post on topic.
- Please link to a post you have written in the past 7 days.
- Please DO NOT link to a giveaway.
- Please link back to one of your hostesses or add the button below to your post.