I hope everyone stayed within their budget this year. I hear co-workers talk about overspending on their holiday gifts, and I want to take a little time to talk about expectations. If you have no or young children you are perfectly positioned to consider training them in non-materialistic ways. Because parents have much influence, comments about valuing time and shared experiences being greater than temporary things can go a long way. Other family members can also be influential in this area.
Resellers, or consignment stores, are one way to feed a family member’s materialism without breaking the bank. I recently spotted a designer blazer with tags for $25; the original price was $85. Another way to avoid starving that materialism bug is to hang out with different people. Find other families who share your values. With online groups, you can pretty easily join others with the same values.
It’s time for the Frugal Tuesday Tip!
Anyone with a frugal tip can share. Just post a frugal tip on your own blog, then come here to add your post (the permalink) with the linky tool. Your post will appear on all of our blogs. Please adhere to the following rules or your post may be deleted:
- Please use your permalink, which is the URL to your post not your home page. If you don’t know what a permalink is you’ll find instructions here.
- Please keep your post on topic.
- Please link to a post you have written in the past 7 days.
- Please DO NOT link to a giveaway.
- Please link back to one of your hostesses or add the button below to your post.