I spent the last week gathering the milk jugs that I’ll need for today’s activity — making milk jug greenhouses. I shouldn’t take too long to get my seeds planted. I already have potting soil and last year’s seeds waiting in the garage. It was difficult to get the milk jugs, though. It’s such a habit to crush empty milk jugs and toss them into the recycling bin! My son contributed a 3L pop bottle to my cause in consolation.
I will also say that with three cereal eaters in the house and an occasional fourth one eating cereal, we go through a lot of milk. I heard an NPR article on obesity, the federal dairy program, and history of cheese in America, and I’m moved ever more to the side of eliminating conventional dairy. Though as my farm-raised husband, an avid milk fan, says, “It’s just one perspective.” For now, I’m happy to have empty milk jugs and a pop bottle. They should be great for early salads and no-effort hardened-off tomatoes.
It’s time for the Frugal Tuesday Tip!
Anyone with a frugal tip can share. Just post a frugal tip on your own blog, then come here to add your post (the permalink) with the linky tool. Your post will appear on all of our blogs. Please adhere to the following rules or your post may be deleted:
- Please use your permalink, which is the URL to your post not your home page. If you don’t know what a permalink is you’ll find instructions here.
- Please keep your post on topic.
- Please link to a post you have written in the past 7 days.
- Please DO NOT link to a giveaway.
- Please link back to one of your hostesses or add the button below to your post.