I went grocery shopping this evening.
It’s Sept. 29, and my schedule made the opportunity for shopping be perfect for TODAY. I wouldn’t have another chance until late on Oct. 2, so I visited the grocer.
In the month of September, I ran out of
- garlic salt
- yellow cornmeal
- stick butter
- coconut milk
How did not spending money impact me?
- we made rarely-used quinoa from the bottom of the pantry
- we cooked all of the chicken from the freezer
- I leaned on the internet to find recipes for ingredients that I had at home
- I realized that I buy little things more frequently than I thought
- I found that I don’t use retail shopping as a boredom buster, recreation, or social arena
- I felt really satisfied!