A diverse background for a unique experience
My name is Julia.
Thank you for stopping by my website.
I am curious and like to learn new things and share my photographs and thoughts here.
You might find me being active with local food systems, working with honey bees, or spending time outdoors. Right now, I think I am doing a great job of balancing the amount of time that I spend on the internet with the everything else, including being mentally present while I’m at home. (To read more about balance, see my post here. I am hoping to pare down on the extracurriculars some more in 2020.)
I hope you read my posts and leave comments because I’d love to get to know you. Maybe we could work together sometime.
Outside of work hours, you may find driven to do work outside the traditional 8 – 5 weekday:
- Vice-President of the Board, Iowa Farmers Union
- Grant Administrator, Forest Avenue Outreach
- Program Coordinator, 1000 Friends of Iowa
- Principal Investigator, BeeLaws.org
- Re-establisher, webmaster, and co-moderator, Des Moines Backyard Beekeepers Club
- Outdoorswoman, Geocaching
- And I was active in the past, Saving one particular historic barn
Additionally, I have a homeshare style AirBnb (house) and a tent camp site (campsite); $1 from every night’s stay goes to the Sustainable Iowa Land Trust and another $1 goes to the St. Vincent de Paul Sacred Heart conference.
If you have read this deep into my website, you can get a little “internet closer” with me: