I’ve done consulting work on brand new blogs and blog makeovers.
Brand new blog:
Meredith was an experienced blogger, and she had a specific look in mind for a new website. With a palette to her liking and social media buttons for her customized Blogspot website, she’s now hoping to tear up the internet by writing fantastic fashion fiction on a fashion-savvy website.
What I did for her:
- Moved the tab alignment from left to right for a more balanced look ($8)
- Created custom social media buttons ($10 each)
- Suggested a contact form and installed code ($8)
Sara had been blogging for a couple years when she asked for a new look.
As a new blogger, she used Blogspot’s Rounders 4 template. But the green color did not reflect her content well and three columns were very busy-looking.
She got a lot of custom work: header, background, and moved from three to two columns.
What I did for her from top of page to bottom:
- created a custom header using her images ($25)
- made color palette suggestions. The barn red and white were taken from her chicken house (consultation pricing varies)
- gave her a custom widget for social networking that combined three individual, space-sucking widgets into one space-saving widget box with interactive icons ($8)
- created a new blog button with html code box ($12)
- customized the background ($5)
- created a button for her ebook. She had a large text box describing the ebook before the button graphic was created ($10)
- got a Contact Me form on her contact page. This keeps her email address private.