I listened to It’s Been a Minute, the one where Sam Sanders interviews Iliza Shlesinger about Girl Logic. (Find the podcast at https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510317/its-been-a-minute-with-sam-sanders) Iliza relates everything to pizza to keep things relate-able. Like Sam, I have always been amazed at how few thoughts men tend to have and how many women tend to have. So different.
Do you know how many thoughts I have before I eat pizza? A lot. I’ll share.
- what toppings are on it?
- are there paper towels? If it’s pepperoni, I’ll need to wipe all the oil off before I take a bite.
- where is it from? I might have to pass, depending on where it came from.
- what kind of crust?
- did I exercise today?
- do I have time slated for the gym later this week?
- will I look like a glutton if I eat this?
- can I look respectable/cute/etc. and eat pizza?
- would eating pizza be a good or bad example for my kids?
- what will people think if they see that I’m eating pizza?
- is there any lact-aid around here?
- am i even hungry?
- how much did the farmers get paid?
- if I eat pizza, how much would be appropriate?
- will my clothes be able to withstand a grease spot? argh, all my clothes have grease spots….
- am I wearing something dark in case I get sauce on myself?
- is it hot? will I need a fork?
- should someone else eat before me?
What are your thoughts before you eat pizza?