I’ve lived for a couple months without a few activities and everything is going well all around. I volunteered in 8 groups back in October, and cut out half by the end of November.
I have two thoughts on cutting my volunteer work in half. First, I can contact my networks from any group whether I’m still volunteering or not and second, I’m still meeting new people in the groups I stayed with. So my people quotient is being met with less groups. I have availability to spend more time and have a deeper relationship with members of all the groups in which I’m still involved. With more quantity and higher quality time post-cut, and I’m still finding myself with time to spare at the end of the day. My weekends are glorious. I still keep the following in mind in my activities:
- tangible and positive impact on my immediate world
- impact to last for the next seven generations
- potential for personal growth
- at least three of the circles in the graphic below
- little to no energy vampires
- organizational support/structure