On March 8, 2017, I got my first swarm call of the year. After looking at my records, that is about 1 1/2 months earlier than past years.
I titled this blog post to give you an idea of 2016. Those numbers are just from me. I know that many other beekeepers get many more swarm calls. A few of us get the same call from the same desperate property owner trying to work the odds, but my feeling is that those calls are less than 5% of the total.
If you are interested in having honey bees removed, here are some things to know before you call:
- are they honey bees? do you have a photo?
- who owns the property where they bees need removing?
- are you prepared for destruction of property?
If you are interested in performing the removals, drop me a line with this information
- area or radius where you are willing to work
- type of work — cut out, swarm, trees (what height is your limit?)